Laser Treatment To Remove Excess Facial Hair
We go to great lengths taking care of our skin; by cleansing, toning and moisturising, then we spend lots of time applying expensive makeup, only to realise that unsightly facial hair is visible for everyone to see. Unwanted hair on the face is a common problem that affects lots of women, and there are a few things that cause this to happen. It could be hereditary or maybe because of your ethnic heritage, there are those who have excessive facial hair because of medical conditions or it could even be due to hormonal changes associated with the menopause.
Hair can appear on different areas of the face including;
- Jaw line
Remedies and treatments include;
- Using shaving, waxing, threading and plucking techniques which are time-consuming and temporary.
- Electrolysis permanently removes hair by using heat, but it’s an extremely slow and painful method and could leave behind some signs of scarring.
- Reducing the growth of unwanted facial hair using medicated creams can also be used, although side-effects such as skin rashes and irritation may occur when using this method.
- Another healthy remedy that can help to reduce unwanted hair is weight loss. There are some women who have noticed unnecessary facial hair growth when they are overweight, and losing excess weight could help with facial hair reduction.
- Long-lasting results can now be obtained with laser hair removal. This treatment is a better alternative, as small and large areas can easily be treated quickly and effectively, compared to other methods.
With laser treatment, there’s only minimal discomfort, usually just a minor stinging sensation to the skin upon application of the laser pulses, but topical anaesthetic cream can make any treatment more comfortable.